We are currently taking applications for this position. To see a full job description and the requirements click here.
Acting Executive Director
Marisa Reeder comes from a sporting family where she has years of experience attending her brother’s wrestling matches and football games, sister’s soccer tournaments and personal experience with softball, basketball tournaments along with track and field meets. These experiences will help her to plan and execute various sporting events with the Jacksonville-Onslow Sports Commission. She has over 7 years of experience working for non-profits so she understands the high paced atmosphere of planning special events along with being knowledgeable about marketing, social media, development and managing volunteers. She has a Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management is looking to start her Master’s degree in the near future. Jacksonville has become her home away from home so she is passionate about attracting more people to visit and explore the area through sporting events. Email: email@example.com
- Grew up on farm in Pennsylvania and dedicated 10 years to volunteering in 4-H. She also spent three years as part of the Pennsylvania Dairy Princess Program.
- She used to despise running in high school but since 2010 she has been participating in various 5k runs and just completed her first half marathon. She also has competed in MCCS Grand Prix series for the last two years. In April of this year she participated in her first Spartan Race.
- Photography is her favorite hobby and travels whenever she can so that she can capture the magnificent beauty God has created.
Sports Services Manager
Kylie Flickinger has loved and been involved in sports for as long as she can remember. She enjoys a variety of sporting activities, whether it be through participation or spectatorship. Her first real love of a sport was softball. Softball quickly taught her how essential sports are to a community and how influential sports can be to an individual. She finds great reward and value in being part of a team that works hard everyday in order to accomplish a common goal. While in high school, Kylie had the wonderful opportunity to compete in the Ohio High School State Softball and Golf Tournaments. Accomplishing a championship as a team is still one of her favorite memories. She believes that the lessons learned while playing on those teams are ideals and practices that apply to everyday life.
Kylie continued her education at The Ohio State University, OH-! While at OSU, she played on the Club Softball team, interned with Ohio High School Athletic Association, The Ohio Machine, Columbus Blue Jackets, and The Ohio State University Varsity Softball team. She graduated in May 2016 with a major in Sport Industry. She was determined to work with sports and people that believe in the power of sports just as much as she does. Kylie feels that her role as Sports Services Manager at JOSC is the perfect place to be for that!
- Raced go-karts competitively for 7 years
- Excited to be so close to the beach; she has vacationed with her family to the North Carolina beaches every summer her entire life.
- Has played competitive softball since she was 8 years old
- Wears Scarlet and Gray and cheers for the Buckeyes on Saturdays